Sunday 23 November 2008

Jendella goes WEST!!

Clap for yourself if you understood the humour...

SOOO. Westfield shopping centre opened nearly a month ago and I hadn't been yet...

1) Because the money situation has not been consumer friendly, so there's no point tempting myself by going and mooching around shops and coming away with nothing but deflated dreams and legs made of lead.

2) I really was not THAT bothered about it, there was none of the excitement that came when the Bull Ring opened in Birmingham back when I was in year 10 or 11 or whenever that was - thought honestly this could just because of 1).

But today I decided that I was going to buy my new MacBook Pro (glitter should fall from the ceiling here...) and I thought it would be a perfect excuse to go to Westfields and purchase one from the Apple Store (or the Mac Shop as too many people seem to want to call it...), especially because OXFORD STREET IS CRAP. Too many people pushing you into the paths of oncoming traffic, and too many (of the same) stupid shops, who needs 3 "Surprise Surprise" stores within the space of a 10 minute walk!?

So after church me and my dear friend Sam went (after I had made a phonecall ahead...no disapointments like last time I went all the way to Regent St to find out that every single MacBook Pro was sold out in the whole blarsted country!!) and it was *quite* an adventure.

FIRSTLY. It's ma-hoooo-ssive. I went there all ready to be biased to the (good old) Bull Ring, but unfortunately the Bull Ring's parade go royally POO-ED on, because Westfields is just BIG. And the array of shops is credit-crunch busting. As in when you are in there, you forget about this supposed "recession" that we are apparently meant to be spiralling head first into, you just wanna play Dale's Supermaerket Sweep. Except instead of rushing between isles of baked beans, you see Miu Miu on your right and Louis Vuitton on your left...De Beers is right infront of you and directly behind is House of Fraser.

If this sounds to depressing for you (because this is NOT Sex in the City), then turn the corner and you will find H&M, and all your High Street shops looking absolutely glorious. To be fair the only shops I went into was Apple Store, Paperchase (to feed the stationary obsession), Carphone Warehouse and Desigual, because the money situation is still not on top...but it was a nice experience, enough open spaces to save you treading on the back of strangers shoes and what not.

So yeah, the Desigual shop was the highlight (apart from buying my beautiful MacBook), I think Sam was slightly scared by the loud prints and wierd music but I was in Jendelland (another word for Wonderland tee hee).
But the accessories were just tempting me, I'm a bit of a bag fiend to be honest, but the arm candy on show was just ridiculous. My last treat was some Barry M white nail polish, this time I think I'm gonna have to up the budget and do something really amazing that I can be proud of so I can justify buying myself some Desigual loveliness. And I saw some drop crotch trousers that were just calling my name...to be fair, I haven't really been backing the drop-crotch trend because for some reason i think being tall it just won't be a look my mom would be proud of...but I *might* just change my mind...

I would post some pictures...HOWEVER, I'm still getting used to this trackpad business (yes I'm bloggin on the new 'BookPro), and I'm a bit baffled, because I'm not one for these touchpads, gimme a mouse any day and I will use it with my laptop, no questions arsked!!

On another note, I wanna be a Waggamama's waitress (or a Wagamama's Mama...).

Good night.

2 comments:

* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
* said...

ohmylife. westfieldssssss. and i certainly got the humour *claps* ;) DID YOU SEE AX? ah man its lovelehh. ive heard the louis vuitton and tiffany store is ace. hmm, i havent actually been myself and i really wanna go! its great to have everything under one roof and yay at your macbook :) xx