Sunday 9 November 2008

The Lion King Production - By Shamzy.


The Lion King at Lyceum Theatre, Covent Garden.

Disney’s Lion King was released in 1994 and the theatre production at the Lyceum has been running for quite a few years now, since October 1999. I think, currently it’s the longest running production.

Okay, so i've been wanting to see this since I remember and absolutely everyone who I know who has seen this has loved it, no one has had anything bad to say about it and many have seen it more then once. I think I shall include myself in that category. I saw this on 5th November and I have nothing bad to say about the production. Everything was just amazing. The characters, the setting, the stage, the colours, the music, the singing, the dance, the costumes and the performances. Everything was just spot on. There were even a few additional scenes that were not related to the actual movie, but that didn’t matter because it still just fitted in perfectly. The beginning scene was so amazing, I’m probably going to say this so many times, but that’s exactly how it was, amazing. It brought tears to my eyes. It felt as if everything was real; you’d just forget that these were people performing on stage and not real animals. But that’s part of the magic of the show – how the audience becomes so drawn in. It’s just… so spectacular the way it’s been organised it’ll just blow you away, it’s breathtaking. I feel like I’ve taken a part of this with me and it’s always going to be there. The songs are still stuck in my head!

Transport wise, well it’s pretty easy to get there. Covent Garden is the nearest Tube station and it’s about a 5mins walk from there and well if I can follow directions and get there then YOU can too. Something about the prices, they start at £60 and I can understand some people thinking that that is way too expensive but I can guarantee that after watching it, it would be sixty pounds well spent. Now, I didn’t spend that much and my seats were further back but I would definitely watch it again, and pay more to get closer. It's just worth every damn penny; in fact I think it’s just one of those things you could never get bored of.

Anyone can enjoy this and at any time, whether you go with your family, friends, children, or your partner it doesn’t matter because you would have just the most fantastic time ever. The advertisement posters say something along the lines of ‘come and experience it’ and I can say that I have, and adored every single moment. I’d recommend it to everyone.. :)

No comments: