Friday 5 December 2008

Goth is the New Black...

Something that I've been observing for a while...so don't think I'm late to notice, I'm just late to post(-ice, wanted to make it rhyme...)
Autumn/Winter seems to have a gothic option, for those of you who enjoyed The Dark Night and want to explore the 'darker' side.
On the catwalks we saw almost everyone (who is anyone?) dabble with a bit of "black magic".
We're talking the likes of Lanvin, Dior, Balengcia (did I spell it right, can't be bothered to check), Gareth Pugh (of course), Vivienne Westwood (surprise surprise), Chanel, Yves St Laurent...need I go on? Just know that it was all over the gaff!



Yves Saint Laurent ^^^^^

SO.

Me being slightly obsessed with the darker side of life for a few secretive years now, added with a slight obsession for make up and Japanese Fashion Culture, orchestrated two photoshoots around this thing...then we add another slight twist...fashion-conscious black models because I have never seen a black goth...soooo when I tell you the series is called "Goth is the New Black" you will get the double pun (or is this when I use double entendre?).

Here are a few images from the shoots...

Art Direction & Photography - Myself!
Styling & Make Up - Myself, Tasha, & Mary
Models - Tasha & Mary









If you wanna see more of the shoots, www.myspace.com/jeni_diamondz and check the photo albums...

1 comment:

* said...

this is impressive stuff.. keep it up girl x